From The Heart strives to make consignment fun and easy.
Here’s how it works:
• Please make an appointment.
• Accepting up to 25 clothing / accessories (dropped off at Women's Boutique) and 15 home decor items (dropped off at Furniture & Home Decor Showroom) at your appointment time.
• Items will remain on consignment for a minimum of 90 days (except seasonal items).
• Individual consignors receive 40% of the selling price on items under $99. 50% for items from $99.01 - $199.99 and 60% for any item sold over $200. Consignors with furniture will receive a 50/50 split regardless of selling price.
• Items will follow a 30 day markdown cycle on original price - 10% after 30 days, 15% after 60 days and 30% after 90 days, then 50% off after 120 days. At times additional store sales of 10%-25% off entire store or individual items will run. A nominal Buyer's fee will be added to each item sold to offset supplies.
• A consignor account will be maintained for you and funds in your account can be used as store credit. Checks will be mailed at the beginning of the month if account has $30 or more in it. 50 cents will be deducted for postage/envelope. Consignor funds are available at any time. Checks are written for the amount. Cash is not given.
• Consignors who have chosen 90 day return will be responsible to pull items from the floor after their 90 day expiration. Consignors choosing Return Before Donation will be contacted when items are no longer selling or out of season. CONSIGNORS HAVE 14 BUSINESS DAYS to pick up items after being contacted before they get donated. Unsold items marked for donation will go to The Spring Valley Church of God for their monthly outreach mission for innercity Reading and Berks Career Counseling Center (Dress For Success Program) or reconsigned at discretion of owner.
Clothing can be brought in on hangers (which will be returned) or nicely folded in a bin, basket or shopping bag (no trash bags).
Items for consignment must be gently worn, clean, free of dust and pet hair, from a smoke-free home, in ready to sell condition and in the correct season being accepted.
We will not accept:
- Items with stains, are dirty, pilled, wrinkled, covered in pet hair or in need of repair.
- Items with clothing tags that are cut out , have yellowed from wear or have names written on them.
- Items from households where people smoke or where clothes have been stored with moth balls.
- Anything with sequins or other embellishments that are missing beads or other attachments.
- Any "knock-off" items